A people become a nation when the people develop a common unique morality that guides everybody among them, or at least an absolute majority, to define in the same way what is the Normal/Good and the Abnormal/Bad in all spheres of their life – at family life, at worship places, at workplace, in politics, in education, etc., and how to advance the Normal/Good and to restrain the Abnormal/Bad in a peaceful competitive way (or sometimes by military means). The democracy and its political canons, such as for example the freedom of speech, work successfully only when there is a common morality for everybody. If there is no common morality for everybody, the democracy will bring unrest, and that is what we see now in the USA, and might bring even bloody revolutions.
So, to answer the question “Is there one Jewish nation, or that is just a mirage” we must look up for a common unique morality for this nation. The other common things, such as for example the Jewish parents or the same worship rituals, cannot be substitutes for the common morality.
Not all Jews who are born to a Jewish family and/or have same worship rituals join the Jewish Nation, and here is the statistical proof.
Two millenniums ago, about two hundred million people lived in this world – now we have about seven billion. Despite devastating diseases, local and world wars, religious massacres the population growth is over 30 times.
Two millenniums ago, about five million Jews lived in this world – now we have about fifteen million. We have gone through the same devastating diseases, local and world wars and similar religious massacres (including the Holocaust), and our population growth has been only 3 times. That may mean that only 10% of the Jews born to Jewish families have remained in the Jewish Nation – the rest of them were leaving the Jewish Nation and hopefully enriching spiritually the other non-Jewish nations – helping them to move closer to the moral Torah/Bible guidance.
This 10% of the Jews born to the Jewish family represent the true Jewish Nation. The remaining 90% are leaving the true Jewish Nation – hopefully, preserving their Jewish genetics and influencing the others in a spiritually positive way.
My feeling is nowadays in the USA the born-to-Jewish-family Jews are split in the same historic manner: some of them remain in the Jewish Nation and some are spiritually moving away. And this split is not along the lines of the existing Jewish religious streams, or between the religion and the atheism – it is along the lines of the Jewish Torah-guided morality, not ritual religiosity.
It is unclear what might be with the 10-90 ratio in the State of Israel. The Israelis have two choice – to make the Israel the morally Jewish (the Jewish morality differs from the Jewish religiosity) not like all other nations in the world or become like all other nations (with the unique Orthodox rules of the life).
I know, the “Jewish tradition” explains the 10-90 ratio differently ascribing this ratio to the unique mass killings of the Jews in the history. However, the ethnic and religious mass killings were not unique to the Jews – in the history, Catholics were killing Protestants, Muslims were killing non-Muslims, Turks were killing Armenians, Spaniards were killing Aborigines, Shiites were killing Sunnis, Japanese were killing Chinese, etc.
The Jewish morality of the true Jewish Nation encompasses the following:
• A Jew must act in this world as the Chosen – the Chosen by the Supreme Power called God (as we believe) – the Chosen not to be privileged but rather to help the others in changing the morality of human lives from the pagan one to the Torah/Bible-guided one – and to do it in all spheres of human lives.
• A Jew as the Chosen should lead in moral unification of the world helping to create a common moral foundation for everybody while preserving and encouraging moral diversity of all individuals and communities.
• A Jew as the Chosen should lead in economic unification of the world encouraging and helping everybody to be creative individuals “in the image and likeness of God” – as it is written in the Torah, of God the Unique Individual and of God the Creator.
• A Jew as the Chosen should lead by working with the others, not by excommunicating the others.
• A Jew as the Chosen should understand that the anti-Semitism is a sort of spiritual pagan response to the Jewish mission of the Chosen to move the others toward the Torah/Bible-guided Judeo-Christian morality, in the USA the Judeo-Christian morality, that some among the others do not like. If it is so, a better way to reduce the danger of anti-Semitism is to educate the others together with the good Christians on how the work of the Jewish nation is improving the moral and material wellbeing of the others.
• A Jew as the Chosen should not be a part of revolting and demonstrating mobs – we must advance the Judeo-Christian governing morality working together with the duly elected government – not against it. And we the Jews should not be helping in splitting the nation into the antagonistic communities – we must help everybody find the common ground and compete with the others on that common ground.
It looks like those who live along the lines of these rules are the true Jewish Nation while those who disrespect these rules will eventually exit this Nation.
Below is a quote of somebody who might be a candidate for the exit. This next quotation is from the Jerusalem Post’s opinion pages.
JP: How should Trump ‘extract the poison of antisemitism?’ Antisemitism has been on the rise since 2014 – meaning before Trump became or even announced that he was running for president – but spiked by nearly 70% in 2017.
That is amazing that the Jewish author who wrote this article demands from Donald Trump to “extract the poison of antisemitism” while he and many other Jews themselves (mostly so-called left-wingers) injected in our society this poison. How? They have done it by assaulting the choice of the non-Jewish majority who elected – in a fair democratic election – Donald Trump as their President. Moreover, they continue insulting those who appreciate the work of Donald Trump in restoring the greatness of our country (whatever it may mean for different people) by accusing them of all possible moral crimes, such as for example anti-Semitism, Nazim or White Nationalism.
Everything what is presented in the above is consistent with Genesis 12:
The LORD had said to Abram [Abraham],
Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you;
I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
Vladimir Minkov graduated from the Naval Engineering Academy in the former Soviet Union, served in the Soviet Navy and there received his Ph.D. At the end of 1970s he immigrated to America where democracy and the Judeo-Christian spirituality of this country made it possible for him to actively defend both his scientific and spiritual ideas. In the USA he has found the place for his scientific public work in the spiritual realm of One God and Torah.